As Issued M1 Carbine
- As Issued M1 Carbine
- Saturday May 27, 2017
- Forks Rifle Club - Emerado, North Dakota
- Vintage & Military Rifle
- Created by:
- James Ladwig
As Issued M1 Carbine Match
May 27, 2017
Sponsor: Forks Rifle Club, Inc. P.O. Box 14842 Grand Forks, ND 58208-4842
Range Location: 2051 12th Ave. NE, Grand Forks, ND (8 miles west of Merrifield, ND on County Road 6)
Rules: CMP Rule 5.0 applies.
Rifle: Rifles must comply with Section 5.2.1 As-Issued M1 Carbine.
• The firearm must be a U. S. M1 or M1A1 Carbine chambered for the Caliber .30 Carbine cartridge that was is sued by the U.S. Armed Forces, manufactured by Inland, IBM, Irwin-Pedersen, National Postal Meter, Quality Hardware, Rock-Ola, Saginaw Steering Gear, Standard Products, Underwood or Winchester. Carbines made by any other manufacturer or a commercial Carbine of the same type and caliber may be used.
• Carbines must be as issued by the U.S. Armed Forces, with standard stock and sights.
As-issued M1 Carbines must be chambered for the Caliber .30 Carbine cartridge.
• Trigger pulls may not be less than 4.5 lbs.
• Carbines must conform to the weight and dimensions of the standard issue M1 Carbine. M1 Carbines may not weigh more than 6.1 lbs. Weights may not be added to the Carbine.
• M1 Carbines must be equipped with a stock made for an M1 or M2 Carbine.
• Standard-issue 15-round magazines or magazines with the same shape, length and configuration must be used. 30-round magazines may not be used.
• Only U.S. Government Issue parts or non-U. S. Government or commercial parts of the exact same weight and dimensions may be used.
• Sights must be of the same types that were on rifles issued to regular military personnel.
• Rebarreling with a barrel of as-issued dimensions is permitted. Replacement barrels must have the same exact contours and cuts as the as-issued barrel.
• The use of shims made of any material in the action and barrel bedding areas of the stock is prohibited.
Ammunition: Competitors must provide their own ammunition. Competitors may use any safe ammunition,
but no tracer, armor piercing or incendiary-type ammunition or projectiles may be used.
Entries: Entry fees are $15.00. Entries are limited to 24 individuals. Entries may be made in advance by mail at the above address or at the stat office at 10:00 am the day of the match.
Target Detail. Competitors will fire all stages of the match before rotating. Fixed targets will be used. Targets will be scored and patched between stages.
Starting Time: 11:00 am.
Course of Fire: All firing is at 100 yards on the SR-1 target as follows:
Sighters – 10 shots maximum from any position in 10 minutes.
Stage I – 10 shots slow fire from prone position in 5 minutes.
Stage II – 10 shots rapid fire from standing to prone position in 60 seconds.
Stage III – 10 shots rapid fire from standing to sitting or kneeling position in 60 seconds.
Stage IV – 10 shots slow fire from the standing position in 10 minutes.
Awards: High competitor will receive a plaque. CMP Games Achievement Pins will be awarded to competitors firing qualifying scores as follows:
Gold Pin score of 356 and above; Silver Pin score of 342–355; Bronze Pin score of 328-341
- Tom Reiten