CMP Sanctioned Vintage Military Rifle Match
As Issued Military Rifle Match
May 29, 2021
Sponsor: Forks Rifle Club, Inc. P.O. Box 14842 Grand Forks, ND 58208-4842
Range Location: 2051 12th Ave. NE, Grand Forks, ND (8 miles west of Merrifield, ND on County Road 6)
Rules: CMP Rule 4.0 applies.
Rifles must comply with Section 4.2 As-Issued Military Rifle Rules including the following rules which apply to all as-issued U. S. and foreign military rifles unless specific exceptions are noted in the rules:
- All as-issued military rifles must be rifles that were commonly issued to U. S. Armed Forces or to foreign military personnel.
- The rifle must be in as-issued condition, with a standard stock and sights.
- The rifle must conform to the weight and dimensional specifications of the standard-issue service rifle. Weights, including bayonets, may not be attached or added to the rifle, but issue oilers or cleaning kits may be placed in the stock.
- Commercial or replica versions of as-issued military rifles are not permitted.
- Rebarreling with a barrel of as-issued dimensions is permitted. A replacement barrel must have the same exact contours and cuts as the original as-issued barrel.
- Only government-issue parts or government or commercial parts of the exact same weight and dimensions may be used.
- Sights must be of the same types that were on rifles issued to regular military personnel, except that the internal diameter of rear apertures may be modified. Adjustable apertures, interchangeable inserts and lens inserts of any type are prohibited. Special purpose sights designed for sniping or competition are not permitted.
- Rifles may be accurized only by the careful assembly of standard parts.
- Flash suppressors, cheek pads, recoil pads, or stock extensions are prohibited.
- Bayonets may not be attached to As-Issued Military Rifles during competitions.
- Stocks must be as-issued stocks or replacement stocks with the same dimensions. Laminated stocks and stocks made of synthetic materials are prohibited. Broken or cracked as-issued stocks may be repaired with the use of epoxies or other chemical adhesives, provided the original as issued stock dimensions are not changed and no epoxy, adhesive or reinforcing material is used in or on any of the bedding surfaces for the rifle action or barrel.
Ammunition: Competitors must provide their own ammunition. Competitors may use any safe ammunition,
but no tracer, armor piercing or incendiary-type ammunition or projectiles may be used.
Eye and Hearing Protection: Eye and hearing protection is required to be worn by competitors, scorers, verifiers and match officials during firing, Eye and hearing protection must meet requirements of Rule 3.1.2.
Entries: Entry fees are $15.00. Entries are limited to 45 individuals. Entries may be made in advance by mail at the above address or at the stat office at 7:00 am the day of the match. Starting Time: 8:00 am.
Target Detail. Competitors will be divided into three relays one firing, one scoring, and one pulling targets. Shooters will fire all stages of the match before rotating.
Course of Fire: All firing is at 200 yards on the SR target as follows:
Sighters – 5 shots from any position included in the Stage I firing time.
Stage I – 10 shots slow fire from prone position in 15 minutes.
Stage II – 10 shots rapid fire from standing to prone position in 80 seconds.
Stage III – 10 shots slow fire from the standing position in 10 minutes.
Awards: High competitor will receive a plaque. CMP Games Achievement Pins will be awarded to competitors firing qualifying scores as follows:
Garand: Gold Pin score of 279 and above; Silver Pin score of 273–278; Bronze Pin score of 261–272
Springfield: Gold Pin score of 281 and above; Silver Pin score of 273–280; Bronze Pin score of 264–272
V M Rifle: Gold Pin score of 280 and above; Silver Pin score of 271–279; Bronze Pin score of 260–270
General Information: Lunch is not available at the range, so competitors should provide their own food and water. For more information contact Tom Reiten at 701-739-1988 or <>;.
- Tom Reiten
- Forks Rifle Club
- 2051 12th Ave NE
- North Dakota