2023 Annual Meeting
- 2023 Annual Meeting
- Saturday January 28, 2023
- Valley City Eagles #2192 - Valley City, North Dakota
- Public Events
2023 NORTH DAKOTA SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING & AWARDS BANQUET
Saturday, January 28, 2023
The Eagles Club, Valley City, ND
Please attend the annual membership meeting at 2:00 pm. Topics of discussion will include our junior shooting sports programs and other shooting sports programs around North Dakota and the USA. The Eagles is located at 345 12th AVE NE, Valley City, ND.
Schedule of Events Saturday, January 28, 2023
2:00 pm -- Annual Membership Meeting (Eagles)
5:30 pm -- Social Hour (Eagles) – cash bar
6:30 pm -- Dinner (Roast Beef & chicken breast, mashed potatoes, salad, & ice cream)
7:30 pm -- Annual Awards Presentations, Guest Speaker, HOF Ceremony
Guest Speakers – Dan Durben
NDSSA HALL OF FAME INDUCTION – Duane Holien
Rooms: AmericInn at 280 Winter Show Rd SW in Valley City, ND has a small block of rooms available for NDSSA Banquet attendants. The block reservation is good thru December 29th. The rate is $109.90+ tax for a 2 queen bed room. They do offer free breakfast, indoor pool, fitness center and they are pet friendly. Call 701-845-5551 for reservation and listed under NDSSA.
TICKET ORDER FORM - NDSSA BANQUET AND AWARDS CEREMONY
Adult(s) $30 each ___ ($35 at the door) Junior (s) $20 each ____
Please order tickets in advance before January 13th. Make checks payable to NDSSA and mail to: Garth Weber 714 11th Street NW #6, Valley City ND 58072
Mr. Dan Durben
Dan has been a competitive shooter since he was 13 years old, competing in smallbore rifle, air rifle, high power, and biathlon. He is a National Champion (smallbore and air rifle), World Champion (air rifle), and Olympian (smallbore), representing the USA in the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games. He was the Rifle Coach of the 2000 Sydney and the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Teams and the Shooting Coach of the 2004 Athens and 2008 Beijing Paralympic Teams, with his athletes winning two Gold and two Silver medals in the Games. Dan was the Director of the CMP 3-Position Air Rifle Summer Camp program for 15 years and is currently on the CMP Board of Directors. Dan recently completed his career as a Physics Professor at Black Hills State University with over 50 research publications and conference presentations on materials at ultra-high pressures, underground physics, neutrinos, dark matter, sport science, and aquaculture. Dan was the Faculty Athletics Representative for BHSU for over a decade, acting as a liaison between academics and athletics, ensuring institutional compliance with NCAA regulations, enhancing the student-athlete experience, and ensuring student-athlete health, welfare, and well-being.
Hall of Fame Inductee
Mr. Duane Holien - Cando, ND
We will induct Duane Holien into the North Dakota’s Marksmanship Hall of Fame and hope that you can join us. We will recognize Duane’s efforts and commitment to improve the shooting sports in North Dakota from his home in Cando, ND.
- Duane has been involved shooting sports since he was 10 years old.
- Duane has been a life time member of the NDSSA since the 1970’s. He is also a life time member of the NRA.
- Duane was the president of the Cando Rifle Club.
- Duane coached juniors at the Cando Rifle Club in the Small bore and High Power rifle disciplines from 1974-1979.
- Duane was on the North Dakota National Guard rifle team. He was also on the All-Guard Team made up of this nation’s best National Guard shooters from 1984-1989.
- Duane served this country for 22 years with the United States Army and National Guard.
- Duane was activated for Operation Desert Storm in the Fall of 1990.
- Duane holds Distinguished Rifleman’s Badge No. 518 he earned as a civilian in 1984.
- The Civilian Marksmanship Program has also recognized Duane with the Army’s Distinguished Rifleman’s badge that he received on August 6, 1987.
- Duane has won approximately 50 state championships including 18 High Power Rifle, 7 Service Rifle, 5 Mid-Range Rifle (sling), 2 Long Range Rifle (sling), 4 Outdoor 4-Positon Small bore Rifle, 3 Outdoor Prone Small bore Rifle, 6 Indoor 4-Position Small bore Rifle, and 2 Indoor 3-Position Small bore Rifle.
- Duane currently holds 5 State Records including High Power 200 Yard Standing, 600 Yard Iron Sights, the High Power Rifle National Match Course, and the 300 and 600 Yard Any Sight records.
- Garth Weber
- (701) 330-3284
- Valley City Eagles #2192
- 345 12th Ave NE
- Valley City
- North Dakota